Back to School
School starts on Thursday, August 18!
Stay in touch! Update your contact information at www.tulsaschools.org/contactupdate to make sure you receive text and email alerts from Tulsa Public Schools.
We look forward to seeing our students back in class on time on Thursday, August 18, 2022! This back to school page is your hub for all of the news and information you need to prepare for a great start to the 2022-2023 school year. We encourage you to bookmark this page and check back often for updates! Make sure you also follow the Tulsa Public Schools Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages to stay up to date on the new school year.
- Attendance/Bell Times
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Health and Safety
- Early Pick Up From School
- Find your bus
- Stay Connected
- Student Grades & Records
Good attendance is one of the most important factors in the academic success of your child. Please have your child at school every day possible.
|start time||8:30 a.m.|
We provide quality meals and nutrition education for students and families with great customer service. Menus will be available once the school year begins. For more information about our child nutrition program, click the link below.
Back to School Form:
Elementary students have access to free breakfast and lunch, but we encourage families to help support the school's access to federal funding by logging into SmartChoice at enroll.tulsaschools.org and clicking on the “Back to School” form.
Electronic Meal Payments
Child Nutrition has upgraded their point-of-sale system which has changed where families can place funds electronically for meals and ala carte sales in the cafeteria. Families will now use MySchoolBucks by creating an account on the website at www.MySchoolBucks.com or on the mobile app. MySchoolBucks will allow accounts to be set up with an auto refill when a certain balance is met and send notifications as an account reaches low or negative funds.
- Visit Health & Wellness
- Includes required immunizations, health forms and tips for maintaining good health
- Visit our Student and School Safety page for more information.
- Make sure your child's school has your accurate emergency contact information.
- Please obey traffic signs and stay alert when driving in a school zone.
Early pick up
- Make sure your school has the accurate list of persons approved for picking up your child from school.
- Adults must present their photo ID pick up a student early.
- See TPS Regulation 2117-R: STUDENT PICKUP DURING THE SCHOOL DAY
Who do I call if my child has not returned home from school on time?
- First call the school
- If you do not get an answer, call transportation at 918-833-8100
- Note: buses may run 10 minutes after the posted stop time.
Who do talk to about transportation for students with special needs?
- Call our special needs transportation representative at 918-833-8148 or email@example.com.
- Note: There is a 3-5 day processing window for all new applications.
Update Your Contact Information
Click here to update your contact information and receive important updates and information from Tulsa Public Schools
To view your child’s grades, attendance and other information:
- Parents - Student Grades
- Select “Create Account” and provide requested information
- Sign in using your created account and password
- Student data, including class schedules, will be available Aug 21.
To request a transcript, visit Student Records/Transcripts.
Updated November 2022
Zarrow is a school of choice, and the uniform requirement is a clear expectation for all students enrolled at Zarrow. Uniforms are required for all Zarrow students every school day and the uniform policy will be closely monitored.
All students are expected to follow the Zarrow uniform code. Should a student arrive at school out of uniform, these procedures will be followed:
- The student will be reminded (in private) of the dress code and the parent/guardian will be made aware of what must be corrected.
- In the event uniform infractions become a pattern, a parent conference will be required.
Please read the following official guidelines for school uniforms carefully.
If you would like to see an example of the appropriate attire/colors, please check with the office staff.
- Light blue, dark purple, or white knit polo style shirts
- Left chest embroidered Zarrow logo or patch is optional and encouraged
- Spirit Item T-shirts with the Zarrow logo purchased through PTA in light blue, dark purple, and white
- Sweatshirts with the Zarrow logo/patch may be navy blue or purple
- No hoodies
- Exchange school uniforms are not Zarrow approved items
- If an undershirt is worn under the uniform shirt, it must be white or gray
- Camisoles or undershirts may be needed under some shirts.
- Khaki or navy blue pants, shorts, skorts, skirts, capris, and jumpers
- No cargo type pants
- Skorts, skirts and jumpers should be of modest length as specified in TPS policy
- Gym shorts need to be worn under jumpers and skirts
- Tights or leggings may not be worn as pants
- Tights or leggings must be white or navy when worn under skirts, skorts, or jumpers
- Belts optional but must be plain black or brown
- Light blue or dark purple polo dresses with optional and encouraged left chest embroidered Zarrow logo or patch
- Shorts underneath
- Khaki jumpers with optional and encouraged left chest embroidered Zarrow logo or patch
- Shorts underneath
- Dresses, jumpers, shorts, and shorts underneath, must be of modest length as specified in TPS policy
- Skorts must be of modest length as specified in TPS policy
- All shoes must be non-marking soles, have a closed back and must be closed-toed
- Students must be able to run and exercise with their shoes
- Flip flops
These can not only pose a safety hazard for your child while at school but it poses a potential safety hazard for others as well.
Non-marking soles only, we have white tiled floors and we spend extra time cleaning the black marks that black-soled shoes leave on the floors. It takes extra cleaning time away that could be used in the classrooms and bathrooms.
For all outerwear that will be worn inside the building, a left-chest embroidered logo or logo patch is optional and encouraged. Patches must be sewn on, not pinned. Outerwear that can be worn inside the building includes:
- Navy blue jackets
- Navy blue fleece vests
- Navy blue or dark purple cardigans
- NO HOODIES
Other outerwear worn to/from school or on the playground must remain in lockers at all other times during the school day.
Additional Uniform Guidance
Brownies, Girl Scouts, Daisies and Boy Scouts may wear uniform vests or shirts only on their designated meeting days. Approved Zarrow uniform bottoms should be worn with Brownie, Girl/Boy Scouts or Daisies uniform tops. These are not considered Zarrow uniform attire. In the event of performances or pictures, only Zarrow uniform shirts will be considered appropriate.
Zarrow School colors must be worn during performances whether the performance is at Zarrow or another location. This would include a light blue or purple collared shirt with plain khaki pants or plain khaki skort/skirt, unless specified otherwise.
Your help and support of the uniform policy is important and appreciated! Please share this information with your child and plan to support this policy on a daily basis. Our PTA runs a monthly free uniform exchange which has a large selection of gently used approved uniform items in various sizes.
If your family needs help acquiring school uniforms due to a financial hardship or any other situation, please contact our school counselor, Sra. Lobaugh (firstname.lastname@example.org) so she can provide confidential assistance.
The following retail stores carry school approved uniform pieces: Old Navy, Walmart, Target, Academy Sports and C & J uniforms. You may also order uniform pieces from the Land’s End and French Toast catalogs. Land’s End can add the Zarrow logo.
You may purchase the Zarrow Logo patches through the PTA. Please contact the PTA for more information: email@example.com.
If any unusual situation relative to dress, accessories, or grooming arises which is not specifically covered in this policy, the building administrator shall have the authority to rule on the appropriateness of the attire.