TPS Update: Relaxation of uniform requirements
Given the potential for shifts between distance and in-person learning in the 2020-2021 school year, we are relaxing student uniform requirements. We know that the COVID-19 pandemic has created or increased the economic challenges that some of our families face. We hope that relaxing the uniform requirements will provide some relief for parents as we prepare for an uncertain school year. If you have uniforms and wish to use them, you are welcome to do so. If you are in a situation where you would prefer not to purchase uniforms, your school leaders will be supportive of that decision as well.
If you need support with food, clothing, housing, utilities, or social services referrals, contact United Way 211 by texting “211OK” to the number 898-211 or calling 2-1-1 from your mobile device.
Our district dress code will remain in effect, and you can find those guidelines on our website. For more information about planning for the 2020-2021 school year, visit www.tulsaschools.org/backtoschool.
Actualización de TPS: El uso del uniforme escolar no será obligatorio
Dado los posibles cambios entre el aprendizaje presencial y a distancia en el año escolar 2020-2021, el uso de los uniformes escolares no será obligatorio. Sabemos que la pandemia de COVID-19 ha creado o aumentado los desafíos económicos que enfrentan algunas de nuestras familias. Esperamos que esta decisión proporcione cierto alivio a los padres mientras nos preparamos para un año escolar incierto. Si tiene uniformes y desea usarlos, puede hacerlo. Si se encuentra en una situación en la que preferiría no comprar uniformes, los líderes de su escuela también apoyarán esa decisión.
Si necesita ayuda de alimentos, ropa, vivienda, servicios públicos o servicios sociales, comuníquese con United Way 211 enviando un mensaje de texto con el mensaje "211OK" al número 898-211 o llamando al 2-1-1 desde su dispositivo móvil.
Nuestro código de uniformes del distrito seguirá vigente y puede encontrarlo en nuestro sitio web. Para obtener más información sobre la planificación para el año escolar 2020-2021, visite www.tulsaschools.org/backtoschool.
Zarrow is a school of choice, and the uniform requirement is a clear expectation for all students enrolled at Zarrow. Please read the following official guidelines for school uniforms carefully. Uniforms are required for all Zarrow students every school day and the uniform policy will be closely monitored. If you would like to see an example of the appropriate attire/colors, please check with the office staff.
These are the only choices for students:
- Zarrow shirt colors in the knit polo style are specific shades of: light blue, dark purple, and white with embroidered Zarrow logo or patch. (Logo/patch optional for Pre-K; see approved shirt shades in office.)
- Spirit Item T-shirts with the Zarrow Logo purchased through PTA in light blue, dark purple and white.
- No Peter-Pan collared shirts
- All shirts (except sweatshirts) must be tucked in.
- Sweatshirts with school logo/patch may be navy blue or purple. No Hoodies except Team Zarrow spirit hoodie (on FRIDAYS only).
- If an undershirt is worn under the uniform shirt, it must be white, gray or navy.
- Camisoles or undershirt may be needed under some shirts.
- Khaki Pants, shorts, skorts, skirts, capris, and jumpers. No cargo type pants. Skorts, skirts (shorts underneath) and jumpers (shorts underneath) should be of modest length.
- Tights or leggings – white or navy
- Gym shorts need to be worn under jumpers and skirts.
- Belts worn if pants have belt loops. Belts are optional for kinder students.
- Light blue or dark purple polo dresses
- Khaki jumpers
- Shorts underneath
- Modest length
Shoes & socks
- All shoes must have a back and must be closed-toe. Not allowed: flip flops, boot-style tennis shoes, boots, Crocs, sandals. These can not only pose a safety hazard for your child while at school but it poses a potential safety hazard for others too. The students must be able to run and exercise with their shoes. Non-marking soles only, we have white tiled floors and we spend extra time cleaning them, the black marks that black-soled shoes leave on the floors take extra cleaning time that can be used in the classrooms and bathrooms.
- Socks should be white
- Navy blue jackets, fleece vests, V-neck sweater vests, navy or dark purple cardigans
- A left-Chest embroidered logo or logo patch must be visible at all times, including on the outerwear. Patches must be sewn on, not pinned.
- A logo or patch is not required on outwear worn to/from school or on the playground
Brownies, Girl Scouts, Daisies and Boy Scouts may wear uniform vests or shirts only on their designated meeting days. These are not considered Zarrow uniform attire. In the event of performances or pictures, only Zarrow uniform shirts will be considered appropriate. Approved Zarrow uniform bottoms may be worn with Brownie, Girl/Boy Scouts or Daisies uniform tops.
Zarrow School colors must be worn during performances whether the performance is at Zarrow or another location. This would include a light blue or purple collared shirt with plain khaki pants or plain khaki skort/skirt, unless specified otherwise.
Your help and support of the Uniform Policy is important and appreciated! Please share this information with your child and plan to support this policy on a daily basis. If your family needs help with school uniforms due to a financial hardship situation, please contact our school counselor, Sra. Lobaugh, so she can provide confidential assistance.
The following retail stores carry school approved uniform pieces: Old Navy, Wal-Mart, Target, Academy Sports and C & J uniforms. You may also order uniform pieces from the Land’s End and French Toast catalogs.
You may purchase the Zarrow patches through the PTA. Please contact the PTA for more information.
Unusual Circumstances: If any unusual situation relative to dress, accessories, or grooming arises which is not specifically covered in this policy, the building administrator shall have the authority to rule on the appropriateness of the attire.
Accessories & headwear
Headscarves, bandanas, feathers, etc. are not permitted. Unusually colored hair that would pose a distraction to the learning environment is not permitted
Spirit days every Friday
On Fridays, students may wear Team Zarrow tops, Race Series shirts, and any Zarrow shirt designed for a special school event (field trip shirts for kinder, 10 year anniversary shirt). Race shirts may be worn the last schools day before the race unless otherwise announced.